Friday, June 20, 2008

My First Facial Treatment

Three weeks ago, I received a call from a known beauty centre. I was so surprised when the operator told me that I was selected for the free facial treatment. She wanted me to give a confirmative answer with them within one week’s time and I actually think twice before I leap. Oh yea, what actually made me eligible to get the offer was I joined a sms contest as the following story: Hmm….there was one beauty centre sponsoring a beauty product and thus an advertisement was there on 8TV which caught my attention, half a year ago. What do you need to do is just to text your name, IC no. and address to a given number, and the message cost RM2.Guess what was my following action. For those who really know me well should have know the answer. I nodded “yes” minutes after pondering as I am the kind of guy who cares about his own appearance very much, some more it is free. Haha.
Well, what had happened to me in the beauty centre? Before the appointment time, they called me twice to confirm my attendance. I had a mixed feeling of annoying and excitement … After my registration in the reception counter, I was asked to wait in a consultation room and was served by a cup of mineral water. All the staffs there were polite and welcomed me with the warmest greet with the friendly smiles on their faces. Some of the beauty consultants were pretty but they were just not my cup of tea, because they were older than me (may be they just looked older than me, LOL). That was my first time go to beauty centre and I went there alone. Around 15 minutes after I had been in the room, my “personal” beauty consultant came in and greeted me with her sweet smile. The first thing came into my eyes was her soft and smooth skin, with a light make-up. Her name was Lisa. Without any delay, she helped me to do some scanning on the skin of my face. When I saw the results of scanning, I was shocked. How terrible was my skin!!! There’s no word to describe my feeling at that moment. I think she could feel my nervousness although I had tried my best to disguise it. According to her professional explanation, my skin was dry and oily. And there were unbalanced skin pigments in some areas of my skin. I was initially shocked and sad when she told me how bad my skin was and the feeling went off gradually as she assured me that the treatment course and products could solve my problem. She also promised me to give me have a look on the differences of the pre- and post-treatment skin of mine. I was then issued with a collagen therapy.
It was a 2-hours long treatment. At first, she helped me to clean my face by using milk cleanser and refreshing cleanser. At the same time, she massaged gently on my face. I really enjoyed that. After that, she used wet facial cottons to cover my eyes and a machine which can release hot steam was headed near to my face. It was rotating while releasing steam. According to her, the purpose of doing this was to maintain a moistness condition so that the following steps could be continued further smoothly. After a short while, she off the machine and applied some creams on my face. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my face. Oh gosh, she was pressing out my blackheads. No pain no gain. The only thing that I could do at that moment was trying my best to endure that painfulness although my eyes already drooled with tears. Luckily, that hard time did not last long. It was followed by the application of hydrating mask which could deliver instant moisture relief to refresh, soothe and revitalize my skin. Finally, a “heavy”-cool mask was applied on my face and it stayed for around 20 minutes. I was having a nap while waiting for it to be done. Haha.
As what I had mentioned just now, she promised to let me have a look on the condition of my face after the treatment. Well, it was clearly shown that the structure and condition of my skin had gained some improvements with the aid of the collagen therapy. Undeniable, I was impressed by these positive effects. However, I did not forget the purpose I going there was to get “free” treatment, not to spend money. Furthermore, it’s clear in my mind that I could not afford such expensive services as currently I am a poor student. And you know what, I ended up with signing-up a 3-times facial treatment course which cost about RM650. What the…There is no other specific reason. All have to do with my soft-hearted personality and the “seductive” persuasion of that cute beauty consultant.
So, what I am going to do is tightening up my belt in the coming month…..

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget